Support Management System
Autoscribe’s Support Management System (SMS) is a powerful, completely configurable, system for the complete management of all helpdesk software support functions. The system is designed to help companies track software issues and manage them through to resolution. Users will benefit from easily available status information and reports giving detailed information about types of issue, numbers logged, numbers resolved andother management metrics such as time to resolution and actual hours involved.
SMS is used at the operational heart of Autoscribe’s own Technical Software Support System as is built on our widely used and uniquely configurable Matrix software. Customer contact details such as names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers can all be stored in SMS. Upon receiving a call from a customer the company from which he/she is calling can be selected from SMS. The support technician can then enter the cause of the problem in a field that is not limited in length. The solution provided can be entered in another similar field.
The amount of time taken to respond to the call and then to resolve the issue is recorded along with descriptions stored in the text fields. A record is made of who is responsible for the issue. Details of the customer’s support agreement is held in SMS and a notification is automatically given if this has lapsed. Reports include lists of support calls per selected time period and by selected problem type, for example. In addition, calls may be listed in a further report.
SMS software is used for logging and tracking all support calls has the following features:
- Call and response time is recorded
- Call allocation – who is responsible for the call
- Unlimited notes for detailing the issue and the response
- Multiple entries – many people can input responses for one call
- Effort tracking
- Flagging of expired support agreements
- User definable filtering – calls may be filtered by configurable search fields
- Monthly reports for review purposes
- Different call types – Enhancement requests, Bug Reports and Support calls
- Contact information is stored in the same database
- Old calls can be searched for solutions to previously encountered problems
- Where appropriate entries may be audited, version controlled and electronically signed off
- Reports may be configured or created using Business Objects Crystal Reports